Disciples in Canada are connected here in North America and around the world to a network of like-minded individuals and organizations, working together to live God’s love throughout the world. Here are a few of our favourite connections:
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States and Canada has its headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. You can reach their main site here.
General Ministries can be access through their individual websites:
- Week of Compassion – our global emergency response arm
- Global Ministries – a joint enterprise with the Disciples of Christ, Church of Christ (US) and the United Church of Canada, serving global partners around the world.
- Reconciliation Ministries – working together to become an anti-racist, pro-reconciling church
- Green Chalice – encouraging congregations to become aware of the environmental calls of the gospel
- Alliance Q – resources for congregations and individuals as they work through the call to be communities of welcome for all
- Disciples Home Missions – specialized resources for men, women, youth, clergy, congregations, and a host of other ministries
- New Church Ministry – coming alongside our new and innovative church initiatives
- Disciples Church Extension Fund – providing mission-driven building and capital planning services
- Hope Partnership Services – empowering faith leaders with services that prepare struggling congregations for the future and others for transformation both behind and beyond their church walls
- National Benevolent Association – providing opportunities for young adults and new ministries in North America
- Council on Christian Unity – our ecumenical effort to build relationships across the body of Christ
Ecumenical & Other Faith-based Organizations
Disciples in Canada are founding and contributing members of the World Council of Churches and the Canadian Council of Churches. Together we think globally and act locally on issues of justice, peace, and wholeness (and a whole host of other issues!).
In addition, we are in a Full Communion Agreement with the United Church of Canada, meaning that we are actively working together here in Canada and around the world in mission and ministry. For more information on how this partnership came about and its ongoing developments, click here.
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) also supports the work of these important organizations:
- The Women’s InterChurch Council of Canada
- Alberta Bible College
- Canada Foodgrains Bank
- Canadian Council on Justice and Corrections